Vertex Analytics, Inc. (“Vertex”), provides software for the commodity trading industry. Vertex has offices in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES VERTEX COLLECT?
In general, Vertex collects and uses two types of information from people who visit our website or access our services: personal information and non-personal information. Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a particular person. Non-personal information is information that, on its own, does not permit direct association with any particular person. Generally, there is no collection, storage, or processing of personal or non-personal information, except as described in this policy.
HOW DOES VERTEX USE OR SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Vertex may collect, use, and share some types of personal information when you interact with the Vertex website or Vertex services. Specifically, if you register with our website, contact us, or purchase and use Vertex products or services, we may collect a variety of information from you, including your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, and credit card information. Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about company updates or share information about new products or services. We may share your personal information with the following:
- Vertex’s contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These groups have contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for purposes we have outlined. We will use your personal information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us.
- Other entities to fulfill the purpose for which you have specifically provided the information, for example to register for a webinar.
- A buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, when personal information held by us is treated as an asset transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Vertex may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements with you, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
HOW DOES VERTEX PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
Whenever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. We have implemented appropriate technical and administrative processes to protect personal data that are commensurate with the sensitivity of the information collected. Recognizing that technology is continually developing, we implement new procedures and technology improvements on an ongoing basis, as appropriate, to further safeguard your personal information.
HOW DOES VERTEX USE OR SHARE NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION?
CAN I HAVE MY INFORMATION UPDATED, CORRECTED, OR DELETED, OR OPT OUT OF INFORMATION COLLECTION?
Yes. You may opt out of the collection of certain personal information by Vertex. You may also request access to and correct your personal information held by Vertex. We will make reasonable efforts to correct errors in personal information within thirty (30) days of receipt of a correction request. To request correction or to opt out, email email@example.com
Our website contains links to other sites. Vertex is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such sites and encourages you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Updated January 2020